Terms and Conditions
Aerobell offers a service to the public 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Office hours are: Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. / Saturday and Sunday 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Reservation Requirements: after having booked, Aerobell will issue a confirmation with a reference code that will be sent via e-mail or fax. Aerobell does not use "vouchers", nor does it accept them as a document for the passenger to use as a proof of reservation and does not accept them as a form of payment. Therefore, no agency can demand the "vouchers" as proof that the service was given and it will be necessary to have the reservation code to use the Aerobell service. It is recommended to verify the reservation data before the day of the flight, since the company is not responsible for erroneous data in the reservation. Within the booking requirements, you will be asked for an email to send the confirmation. This may also be used for commercial purposes of the company; although you can at any time unsubscribe from our database without any additional procedure.
2. Payment of tickets
All reservations have a payment deadline; If the ticket is not paid on the date indicated by the booking agent, the system will cancel it automatically and will not generate any report or notice. Aerobell is not responsible for notifying the expiration of the time limit.
Aerobell does not accept cash for payments for its services. Reservations with a time limit must be paid by credit / debit card, bank deposit or electronic transfer.
The rates apply only from an airport of origin to a destination airport. Children under 24 months pay only the surcharges and taxes and travel in the laps of their companions. All rates are subject to change.
3.1 Weight restrictions
Anyone traveling in Aerobell with a body weight greater than 250 pounds must request an asient additional. If at the time of making the reservation it is indicated that a passenger exists in this situation and that therefore an additional seat is required, Aerobell offers a 20% discount on the regular rate for the purchase of the second space. This same person will be entitled to carry double luggage plus 10 pounds of carry-on luggage. When this happens, this rate is not commissionable for travel agencies.
3.2 Type of change
All rates are published in US dollars or colones and must be paid according to the exchange rate of the date of purchase as indicated in the confirmation.
4. Airport information
Aerobell is located at the Tobías Bolaños Palma Airport, in Pavas, city of San José.
4.1 Flight check
Passengers who do not meet the following requirements will not be allowed to board the flight:
- Domestic flights: The check-up for flights departing from Tobias Bolaños Airport in San José is 1 hour prior to the departure of the flight and closes 40 minutes. From other local destinations, the check-up is 45 minutes before and the flight will close 30 minutes before your departure.
- International Flights: The check for flights to / from Bocas del Toro, Panama or Managua, Nicaragua is 2 hours before departure and closes 1 hour before.
4.2 Migratory requirements
As an essential requirement for boarding and compliance with the provisions of the General Directorate of Civil Aviation, the passenger will be asked for an identification. In the case of foreign tourists, passports are necessary to travel within Costa Rica. When you travel with minors, you must present your birth certificate, minor card or passport.
Passengers who do not comply with this requirement will not be able to board the aircraft and there will be no refund, credit or possibility of taking another flight.
Photo IDs accepted: Passport or ID issued by the Government (ID card for Costa Ricans or Residence Certificate). All passengers who fly from the airport of Bocas del Toro in Panama or Managua in Nicaragua to the Juan Santamaría airport in San Jose and who visit Costa Rica for tourist reasons, must have with them proof of departure from the country (Ticket); this physical proof is required by the immigration department of the Government of Costa Rica; Your test must be presented at the airport of Bocas del Toro, Panama or Managua, Nicaragua to ensure boarding. All passengers who do not have it, can not board (also applies for visits to Panama and Nicaragua).
4.3 Airports Charges
- Domestic airports: Some of the airports where we operate are private and require passengers to pay an arrival and departure tax. To prepare your trip better, remember to have the following amount in dollars or colones arriving and departing from the airport at Tambor $ 2.30, Quepos $ 3, Arenal $ 7.
- International Airports: The passengers that fly from Tobias Bolaños Airport of San José
Until Managua or Bocas del Toro must pay a tax of exit of the country with a value of $ 29; This exit tax is required by the Government of Costa Rica and has to be paid in cash and / or credit card directly at the airport. An entry tax to Nicaragua of $ 10 must be paid directly in Managua.
All passengers must pay a $ 3 tax upon arrival in Bocas del Toro and $ 15 when they leave. Both the entrance tax to Managua, and those of Bocas del Toro must be paid in cash. The departure tax required by the government of Panama, must be canceled directly at the airport by an Aerobell representative.
4.4 Special assistance
Some passengers need special treatment, which is why Aerobell will try the best way to accommodate these needs after they are indicated in the check "counter". Examples of these cases are parents with small children / babies or passengers with restricted mobility.
The pre-boarding is for the passengers of our Premium Pass program and also and is designed to give passengers who need it a little more time when boarding. If for any reason the passenger (s) require any assistance, it is important that the reservation staff is informed, in order to write it down in the reservation and that the airport can be informed before the arrival of the passengers.
The folding wheelchairs will be transported without any additional charge, but the reservation staff must be informed at the time of making the reservation to take the forecasts of the case. Electric wheelchairs will not be transported because they use a battery, which is considered a dangerous item.
Guide dogs for blind people and service dogs for people with other disabilities will be accepted, at no cost and must present documents certifying that they are service dogs; please inform the reservation staff at the time of making the reservation to take the forecasts of the case.
Aerobell does not guarantee the pre-assignment of seats in the aircraft, therefore they are considered as free seats. However, Aerobell reserves the right to relocate a passenger at any time deemed necessary, even after boarding the aircraft, whether for operational or safety reasons.
Because the safety of our flights is the priority, some seats near the emergency exits are not suitable for all types of passengers. They will be assigned to passengers who can assist the crew if necessary. Passengers may only sit in these seats under the authorization of our staff.
5. Baggage allowed
5.1 Hand luggage
Every passenger can carry a hand luggage that does not exceed 10lbs (4.54kg) of weight or linear dimensions of 33 inches / 84 centimeters (length + width + height); Any baggage that exceeds weight or dimensions is considered baggage to be registered and will be charged as excess baggage if it exceeds the weight allowed by the fare that the passenger acquired at the time of booking. Any medication that the passenger needs during their vacation must be carried in the hand luggage.
5.2 Checked baggage
Every passenger has the right to register a suitcase with a maximum size of 50 linear inches / 127 centimeters (length + width + height). Any baggage that exceeds the weight and maximum size stipulated (according to the type of fare purchased) will be considered and charged as additional baggage or excess baggage. Baggage greater than 60lbs or dimensions greater than those allowed will be treated as cargo and will be subject to availability.
The luggage allowed according to the type of fare selected is:
- Flex Rate: 40 pounds (18.18kg)
- Promo Rate: 27 pounds (12.27kg)
- Crazy Rate: 15 pounds (6.81kg)
In case the baggage boarding to comply with the operational weight or for security reasons is denied, Aerobell assumes the responsibility of sending it to the passenger's final destination (up to 8km away from the destination airport) during the following 24 hours.
5.3 Excess luggage
Excess baggage must be paid directly at the Airport at the time of check-up. All luggage is subject to space and will be sent on the next flight with available space.
The following charges apply:
- 1 to 5 extra pounds (0.45kg to 2.27kg): $ 7.00
- 6 to 15 pounds more (2.72kg to 6.81kg): $ 20.00
- 16 to 30 pounds more (7.27kg to 13.63kg): $ 40.00
- 31 to 60 pounds more (14.09kg to 27.27kg): $ 60.00
If you travel with large or heavy luggage (such as surfboards, golf clubs, fishing equipment, among others), you must pay a penalty of $ 30USD per piece. However, for safety or operational conditions, this type of luggage may not be accepted to be transported on the passenger's own flight, which is why it will be sent on the next available flight under the absolute responsibility of the passenger. In case of delayed baggage the responsibility of the company will be to deliver the baggage at the final destination of the passenger (up to 8km away from the destination airport during the next 24 hours).
5.4 Lost or damaged luggage
If your baggage is damaged, lost or missing from the assigned flight, Aerobell staff should be notified immediately before leaving the airport. In the case of lost or damaged luggage, the responsibility of the airline is in accordance with the Costa Rican Civil Aviation regulations, which cover an amount of $ 9.07 per pound. It is recommended that passengers take insurance for luggage.
The company is not responsible for valuables (such as jewelry, antiques, important documents, laptops, perishable goods, medicines, orthopedic appliances, fragile items, money, certificates of value, checks, promissory notes, bills of exchange, liquors , planes, electronic equipment of any kind, vehicle keys, handicrafts, photographs, metals or precious stones, etc.) This type of items, whenever possible, must be carried in the cabin as carry-on luggage.
Passengers must carry medications always in their carry-on luggage.
In case the deterioration of the luggage is due to normal conditions, no claims are accepted; for example:
- Small cuts, dents
- Fragile items
- Overpacked luggage
- Misplacements of external padlocks, or external bands
- Manufacturing defects
- Baggage accepted after check in
- Luggage that contains valuable merchandise
- Sports equipment or musical instruments
- Baby equipment (Cars or car seats)
- Wheels, handles and zippers
- Items improperly packed
5.5 Prohibited items
Aerobell does not carry dangerous goods on its flights, which is why the following items can not be carried in the baggage: explosives, gases, liquids or flammable solids, oxidizing agents and organic peroxides, toxic and infectious substances, radioactive substances, corrosive substances, dry ice, firearms, ammunition, bacteriological materials, compressed gases, etc.
If the passenger has any questions regarding luggage, please contact an Aerobell representative before the day of the flight. For any reason, passengers may transport lighters or matches in any type of luggage, as well as hair spray, sunscreen and spray blockers, repellents, deodorants and any type of flammable aerosol.
5.6 Golf equipment, fishing equipment, surfboards and pets
Surfboards, golf and fishing equipment, bicycles and others are subject to space at the airport at the time of check-up. Due to the size of the aircraft, its transportation on the flight can not be guaranteed; An additional charge of $ 30.00 will be applied per trip in the case of these items.
In the case of pets that weigh less than 15 pounds and are brought inside the cabin, they must go in a special bag to be transported inside the plane. All pets over 15 pounds must be transported in a secure, locked container and carried in the baggage compartment.
Pets on international trips must carry an original copy of all documents issued by their veterinarians for the trip, as well as their vaccinations. The charge for transportation of pets is:
- Less than 15 pounds, $ 15
- Between 16 and 30 pounds, $ 25
- Between 31 and 45 pounds, $ 45
- Between 46 and 70 pounds, $ 60
5.7 Late luggage
Aerobell will do everything possible to transport the luggage in a reasonable time and to the final destination stipulated in the ticket. In the event that the airline will transport the luggage by any other means than air, the baggage will be delivered at the passenger's final destination (up to 8km away from the airport of destination during the next 24 hours).
6. On board
Aerobell operates short routes, with flights of 1 hour or less in duration. Therefore, no on-board service is offered.
Passengers under 5 years old can fly only if accompanied by a person over 18 years of age, who will be responsible for the minor. Passengers between 6 and 17 years traveling alone should travel in the custody of the airline; in this case, the parents must hand in an authorization with a copy of their identification cards or passports, indicating who will deliver and pick up the children upon their departure and upon arrival, in order to safeguard the child's safety.
7. Medical conditions
- Viral infections: passengers suffering from these diseases should refrain from traveling.
- Asthma: passengers suffering from this condition may transport inhalers as long as they do not contain oxygen cylinders. Passengers who suffer from chronic asthma or who have received prescription oral steroids will need medical certifications that allow them to travel.
- Stretchers: the transport of stretchers on any of the flights is not allowed.
7.1 Pregnant women
Passengers in pregnancy status if they are between week 28 and 34 can only travel if they have a medical certificate certifying that there is no risk if you fly.
7.2 Contagious diseases
Passengers with any type of severe case contagious disease will not be able to fly.
- Rubella: passengers with this disease will be able to travel 4 days after the rash disappeared.
- Measles: passengers with this disease will be able to travel 7 days after the rash disappeared.
- Mumps: passengers with this disease will be able to travel once the inflammation has subsided. This is usually after 7 days but may occur up to 14 days.
- Varicella: passengers with this disease may travel 7 days after it has disappearedthe last grain.
Passengers traveling with any of the diseases described above or suffering from any chronic disease must present a medical certificate stating that they do not pose a risk to passengers.
8. Transport of human remains
We do not accept requests to transport human remains on any of our flights. Creams will be transported in a secure container for transportation, with death certificate and cremation certificate.
Aerobell tickets are not refundable, however there will be exceptions when a passenger can not use your ticket for the following reasons:
- Death of the passenger, his spouse or a relative of first degree of consanguinity (parents, brothers, children of the passenger), presenting a death certificate.
- In case of illness or accident of the passenger, his spouse or a first-degree relative of consanguinity (Parents, brothers, children of the passenger), presenting a medical certificate.
Aerobell is not responsible for cancellations of flights due to bad weather conditions. All passengers are advised to purchase travel insurance that covers costs due to delays or cancellations. However, if passengers travel on an inter-type route (between two destinations that are NOT San José) and that bad weather does not allow them to reach their final destination, Aerobell will do everything possible to coordinate that they reach it.
Aerobell will cancel its flights an hour and a half after the original departure of the flight, due to weather conditions preventing the departure of the flight.
If this situation occurs, passengers will be relocated on the next flight with available space or if the passenger does not wish to travel, a credit voucher can be made for the amount of the reservation, which will be valid for one year from the date of issue. Tickets will not be reimbursed for flight cancellations due to bad weather.
11. Cancellations and changes
The airline may at any time change the itinerary, cancel, divert or delay any flight that for reasons of security or beyond our control are justified.
All tickets are non-refundable.
When a cancellation or an itinerary change is made before the service has been performed, a reasonable effort will be made to report the cancellation or change to the passenger.
11.1 Flights canceled due to extraordinary circumstances
If the flight is canceled as a result of extraordinary circumstances that are not possible to avoid, such as air traffic control, weather, safety alerts, strikes, flight safety eventualities, closing of tracks or accidents,
Aerobell will not be responsible for any compensation and will help the passenger to:
- Reprogram the trip to the final destination on the next flight.
- Reschedule the trip to the final destination on a passenger convenience date provided and when there is availability.
Aerobell offers a local call or use of fax or e-mail at no cost. When the passenger chooses to opt for the next flight if an additional night is required because the next flight is at least one day after the scheduled flight, every effort will be made to help make a hotel and transportation reservation between the hotel and the airport. However, Aerobell is not responsible for hotel payments or transfers.
12. Continuation of flights or connections
Aerobell is not responsible for loss of travel connections. Aerobell recommends that you take out travel insurance. Taking the appropriate time to make the corresponding connections is the responsibility of the passenger, especially if it is connections with international flights that require three hours to perform the check.
13. Delayed flights
Flight delays are a reality, which is why passengers are suggested to purchase travel insurance to cover any inconvenience. If the passenger is notified of a delay of more than 4 hours of the scheduled time and he decides not to fly, the passenger may:
- Change the reservation to any other of our flights to the same destination to be used within the next 7 days, subject to availability.
- Cancel your reservation, obtaining a credit voucher for the amount of the flight plus the return flight, which must be used in the next 6 months after the flight.
Both cases can be requested by contacting a reservation representative at telephone 2290-0000.
14. Boarding denied
You can be denied boarding a passenger or getting off an airplane at any airport in the following cases:
- Transporting the passenger or their luggage endangers the safety of the aircraft, crew or passengers.
- The passenger has mental problems that need a straitjacket.
- The mental or physical state of the passenger endangers their safety, that of the aircraft, crew or passengers.
- The passenger has contagious diseases.
- The passenger is under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- The passenger transports drugs.
- Under 5 years of age traveling alone.
- Prisoners without escort.
- The passenger has refused to have security personnel review him or his luggage.
- Passengers with firearms who do not want to follow the rules of Aerobell for the transport of the same.
- Passengers without a shirt, shoes or having a strong body odor and this may be offensive to the rest of the passengers.
- The passenger has ignored the instructions of the Aerobell personnel.
- The passenger has used misplaced words or threats against Aerobell staff.
- The passenger has made a bomb threat.
- The passenger has committed a crime during boarding or checking.
- Passengers with more than 28 weeks of pregnancy, unless they present a medical certificate.
- Passengers with less than 10 days of having given birth or infants less than 10 days old.
- Passengers with less than 10 days of operated.
- Passengers requiring supplemental oxygen, traveling with cardiac monitors and on a stretcher.
- Passengers who can not sit with the safety belt fastened and the backrest upright
14.1. When the boarding is denied
If the passenger is denied boarding on one of the Aerobell flights for any of the reasons mentioned above, then he will be compensated by granting him a credit voucher for the amount paid for his ticket, which will be valid for one year from of its preparation.
14.2 Boarding involuntarily denied
In case of involuntarily denying boarding of one or more passengers of an Aerobell flight due to operational situations or overselling it, passengers with additional tickets will be sought as a first option, if there are no such passengers, volunteers will be requested and the or passengers will be able to use their ticket on the next flight. And you will be given a credit (voucher) of 100% of the ticket you purchased, valid for 1 year. In the event that this happens on the last flight of the day or only flight, Aerobell will fully reimburse the ticket of the affected segment and will be addressed on the next flight with available space.